Sunday, August 3, 2008

Visiting family in Utah

Mckay and I decided we would continue with our plans to drop off Jacob and Martin in Utah. I could have scheduled my MRI and scans for Wed. July 16, but we would have had to cancel all of our travel plans. I was finally going to get to spend some time in Denver with McKay. Since he already knew he would be rolling off this project by the end of August, I really wanted to make this trip. We decided to delay the MRI until Friday, July 18. This would give us a chance to have a mini reunion in Utah with McKay's family (all but Shaun and Jason Kiana were there) and make sure Jake and Martin got to Utah safely. It was a good day. Emily and Andrew were already in Utah. Emily would be spending the week at BYU for her SOAR camp, and Andrew and Jacob would be visiting family for a week, then Jacob would go to cross country camp at BYU. Andrew would get another week to hang out with cousins, and then everyone would be back the week of the 21st.
We got to Utah, and had some spaghetti lunch (my favorite of Nan's cooking), and then went to church with them. Later, everyone was there for dinner. Ashley's new baby was blessed, and then I received a Priesthood blessing from Pampa. McKay and all of the brothers in law present were in the circle. The Spirit was very strong, and I was promised that the doctors would be very precise and know what to do for me, and that I would be healed in the Lord's time. I felt peace, and know that I will be healed if I have faith and put my trust in the Lord.
We had a family dinner, and all of McKay's sisters competed in the 1st annual Orange Roll Throwdown. Yum! All were good, but Heidi won the contest. We all visited for a long time, and then we had a family variety show. Lots of laughs and fun. I was anxious to know what the MRI testing would show, but I tried to remain calm and enjoy myself. I spoke to a woman in Nan's ward who had just recently finished her cancer treatment. Not really a similar cancer as mine, and brought more questions and concerns than reassurance, but it did make me realize that I had a lot of homework to do. The next morning McKay and I were off to Denver.

No comments: